Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: Seige (As The World Dies: A Zombie Trilogy #3) by Rhiannon Frater

Siege  (As The World Dies: A Zombie Trilogy, #3)Siege by Rhiannon Frater



Summary (Goodreads)


As the survivors continue to seek stability in their lives,
forces both inside and outside the fort walls move 
them toward a final, climactic conflict between
the living and the dead.  Jenni, Katie and the others
discover that they are not alone, that there is another
enclave of survivors whose leaders plan to take over the fort.

Faced with a series of difficult decisions, each choice they
make could lead to the deaths of those they love or, if not
careful, their own demise.

Meanwhile, an army of the dead is descending on the fort.
Soon, the living will face their ultimate fear...

...a siege by the dead.

But they will fight to the end to survive...

As the world dies.



REVIEW

As I just finished reading this I'm sitting here thinking that it takes a heck of a writer to make you feel all the emotions that I have felt while reading this book. I applaud you Rhiannon for putting me in that fort and making me feel like family. Thank you because that's what reading is all about. (Even though I couldn't walk up the stairs in my house without checking for zombies. Well...you never know. Right?) ;)

This book shows you what the human spirit is all about. Sure we are all different. We all see life differently, but when it comes down to it we all want to survive and help others do the same. This town came together to help each other. Some found love but others, even with the world dying around them, still couldn't accept people for who they are and love them even if they didn't agree with them. It showed people in power trying to greedily take over for their own advancement. Isn't that just like our world? But these few people, in this fort, chose to stand and fight bandits, government, and the walking dead, to protect what they had built! Good for them!!!!


I have laughed (literally out loud), cried from joy and cried from grief (sobbed from grief!) while reading this series. Every time I thought I could relax, BANG! somebody else is eaten by a zombie. *pulling hair out* We lost a lot of good people and then there were a lot that I'm glad got eaten. :-/ But their sacrifices were not in vain. With all three books I felt like I had run a race-somebody give me a towel and some Gatorade!


Again, well done Rhiannon. I will be your #1 fan. Girl you know how to write!

<3







View all my reviews

0 comments: