Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday Book Blog Hops for October 5th


Feature & Follow #6




Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow hosted weekly by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read! The point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me. :D

Q: What do you hope to accomplish with your blog? Is it to one day become an author yourself, just for fun, maybe get some online attention, or maybe something very different?

Honestly, I do it for the fun of it. I LOVE meeting new people that we have something like our love for books in common.  I enjoy getting to know the bloggers and the authors. Hey, we have our own little community. It's great!


Book Blogger Hop #3


Starting the week of October 5-11, the Book Blogger Hop will be traveling around the book blogosphere! Various book bloggers have graciously agreed to host the Hop on their blogs, manage the Linky, and come up with your weekly prompt! Today's host  is : Soon Remembered Tales 


Question: Banned Books Week ends on the 6th. How do you feel about books being challenged to be banned from libraries or schools? Have you read any banned books?

I do believe that there are some books that should not be in schools.  I also believe that different schools: elementary  middle school, or high school, should have age appropriate books in their libraries. Public libraries I feel should be able to carry any books and it's our job as parents to police what our children read. Being a homeschool mom and having a daughter who loves to read, I am aware of every book she reads and what's in it. Then a time will come that we have to trust them to make the decision as to what they read just like we do. It's all part of growing up and the freedoms we have in this good old U.S. of A. I don't want anyone one telling me what I can and cannot read. First it's books then they'll be telling us not to read the Bible. Do we really want them to have that power?

What do you think?


3 comments:

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Oh yes it is definitely fun! I do it for that and I love having a place to gush about books! It's really great that I have people I know virtually who read the same books I do!

Plus as I look at it now, I making some small name for myself for the day when I hopefully get published myself!

Here's my Follow Friday

Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Micheline said...

Great answer! It's so much fun meeting other book-junkies and chatting about books we love :) Thanks for sharing!

I'm already a follower but here's my very 1st FFF

Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

Alisa Selene said...

I do it for fun as well! Old Follower!
http://picturemereading.wordpress.com/