Saturday, November 3, 2012

[Review & Promo] As I Close My Eyes by Sarah DiCello


As I Close My Eyes (Book #1)
by Sarah DiCello
Published June 29th 2012 by Taylor Street Publishing, LLC

When she looks into her own eyes, she sees a ghost.

And when she looks into his eyes, she knows she has seen them before ...

Danielle Grayson is a beautiful, intelligent young woman in present-day Georgia, but when she closes her eyes, she becomes someone else in a different time, one hundred years earlier in fact.

Danielle's other life is as entrancing and romantic as her current one, and the contrast between the lifestyles is intriguing and enlightening, but what starts out as being dreamlike soon becomes real and strangely familiar.

Worse, whatever happens to her as Danielle seems to change the past, if it is a true past.

And when she finds she is not alone in being able to flip between the two worlds, life, love and death become increasingly disturbing.

Photobucket


As I Close My Eyes has to be one of the most interesting, thought provoking, and frustrating, books that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It reached into my mind and brought out feelings that I'd never felt before while reading a book. Just as Danielle’s reality was spinning, so was mine with its own fantastic world of intrigue.  As I Close My Eyes is truly an amazing yet frustrating novel, a kick-off to an very interesting new teen series. I can’t wait to see where Sarah goes with this story.

 The theme for this novel is a very genius one indeed. A perfect blend of historical and present day with a little paranormal thrown in. Sarah smoothly translates us between Cape May in the 1800’s and present day Sugar Hill / Lake Lanier  Georgia.  It makes us believe that both worlds exist next to each other.

Danielle  is a college student in Georgia, she's your average 18 year old girl and is kind of a bookworm. She has a water skiing accident and her life changes. Each time she goes to sleep she is transported to Cape May 1878, living the life of Caroline Marcum. When Danielle and her best friend Shannon take a weekend getaway to The Falls, Danielle sees a man she feels she knows, even though she's never meet him in her life. Going between Danielle and Caroline, is turning her life upside down.  

This novel’s setting was perfect and I was quickly immersed into the small town life. Danielle’s home from college, working a summer job, and going to the lake with friends. I just love that the south played a huge part in Sarah’s world. Dani just seems like a normal girl living out a normal life, but the question is: is she 
really? 

The characters were flawless and were so lifelike I can picture them standing before me or when I’m in line at the grocery store. The jumping between past and present kept me intrigued wanting to see the reasoning behind all of it but with the ending so abrupt it left me hanging. I had to re read the last few pages several times just to see if I had missed something and I kept trying to turn the last page looking for an epilogue or something, anything that would tell me what happened.
 But much to my regret NO and that begins the wait for the next book in the series. HURRY Sarah!! I really enjoyed the journey, even though it seemed to have no destination.

**I received this ebook from the author for a fair and honest review.**

I gave As I Close My Eyes 4 STARS!






Sarah DiCello is new to Taylor Street.


She writes fantasy / romance.


She lives in Pennsylvania with her husband, two daughters, and two dogs. She graduated from Shippensburg University with a degree in Communications/Journalism.


This is her first novel. Look for the sequel to "As I Close My Eyes" Christmas 2012.

Sarah | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Book Trailer






Great book!! So what do you think?

0 comments: