Friday, January 11, 2013

Book Tour [Interview] Honeysuckle Love by S. Walden



Welcome Author S. Walden


S. Walden used to teach English before making the easy decision to become a full-time writer easy because once she completed a full-time graduate program, there weren't any teaching job anyway! She lives in Georgia with her very supportive husband who does not read fiction and has a difficult time understanding why her characters must have personality flaws. She is wary of small children, so she has two Westies instead. Her dreams include getting through her next big writing project (a three-part series) and owning and operating a beachside inn on the Gulf Coast.Her husband's dreams for her include getting her Ph.D. so that he can tell people he's married to a doctor.

She loves her fans and loves to hear from them. Email her at swaldenauthor@hotmail.com and
follow her blog at where you can get up-to-date information
on her current projects.




If you could live in any book “world” which book would it be?
That’s a tough one. My favorite type of fiction is realistic fiction, and I already live in the real world. I like dystopian novels on occasion, but there’s no way I would want to live in a world described in books like The Giver. I love the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon but have no desire to live in a world without electricity and deodorant. So there you have it. I guess I’m pretty happy living in the real world and escaping in stories set in the real world.

What did you want to be when you grew up?  
I wanted to be a singer when I grew up, but developing stage fright at the age of fourteen threw a wrench in that plan. Right around that time I started keeping a journal. I realized I loved to write, though I was unsure at fourteen what I wanted to do with that.

What was your favorite book as a child/teen?
Learning to read, my favorite book was Dr. Seuss’ One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. As a teenager I fell in love with The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. 

You are stranded on a deserted island, what 3 things would you want?
Sunscreen, magic laptop with unlimited battery life, husband. (Does he count? He’s not so much a “thing” as he is a person.) 

M&M’s or Skittles?
M&Ms

Favorite icecream?
It really depends on my mood, but late-night runs to the store usually mean chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls.

What’s your favorite season/weather?
My favorite season is the summertime. (And no, it’s not because my name is Summer.) I love the long days, the bright sun, and vacations at the beach.


Beach or pool?
Definitely the beach.
If you had a time machine where would you go back in time or ahead? And who would you like to visit.
I’d like to go forward a thousand years to see if printed books still exist, and if they do, how much they’d cost. I’d like to talk to a current author to find out how publishing has changed.

Any advice for writer’s just starting out?
Expect to work really hard and cry on occasion. But never ever give up. If you believe in your stories, then others will, too. Always work to better your craft. Find critique partners. Make sure you have a professional editor. The more polished you are as an indie author, the more seriously your work with be taken.

Any pet peeves?
In general? My husband wearing his shoes in the house. Writing specific? Getting in the “writing zone” and then being interrupted by a dog that needs to go out.

Please tell us in one sentence only, why we should read your book.
You’ll want to find out if Clara survives it all.

Tell us your most rewarding experience since being published.
The most rewarding experience I’ve had since publishing is hearing from fans who’ve been affected in some way by my stories and characters. It serves as a reminder that what I do as a writer is important because it makes a difference in other people’s lives.

Any other books in the works? Goals for future projects? 
I’m in the process of revising and having my third book, Going Under, edited. It’s a New Adult fiction story about atonement that will be released in March 2013. Goals for future projects include a three-part romance series called The Starry Trilogy. My favorite part about that project is the research involved that will take me back to Ireland in the summer of 2013. My hope is to get the first book in the series out by Christmas 2013.



Honeysuckle Love
by S. Walden
Date Published: 11/19/12
Upper YA Romance - New Adult

Clara Greenwich is too young to take on the sole responsibility of caring for herself
and her younger sister. She’s just sixteen. She should be focused on school, hanging
out with friends, falling in love. Instead, she’s working to pay off the mound of bills her
mother left behind when she vanished at the start of the school year. Left alone with her
ten-year-old sister, Beatrice, Clara discovers that she is now the parent, the provider,
and the responsibilities grow to be more than she can handle.

Complicating matters is senior Evan Morningstar who starts pursuing Clara at the
beginning of her junior year. She’s confused by this. Evan is a popular, likeable guy.
She describes herself as a nobody—a quiet, intensely shy girl who suffers from social
anxiety. She wants love like any teenage girl, but she’s terrified to let Evan get close, to
discover her secrets. His gentle persistence eventually wins out, however, and she has
no option but to open her heart to him.

When Clara’s responsibilities prove too great, she begins a slow descent into
depression, making dangerous choices that threaten her relationships. She can stay
trapped in her despair or discover redemption—how to forgive the past and love again.



1 comments:

S. Walden said...

Hey Michelle,

Thanks so much for hosting me today on your blog! Fantastic blog, by the way! And to your followers: thanks so much for reading about me and my work.

-S. Walden