Saturday, January 26, 2013

[Interview] with SOUL DEFENDERS Author Carol Van Atta




Welcome Author Carol Van Atta


Like most authors, Carol Van Atta is no stranger to the written word. She penned a short novel at age 12 (somewhat frightening illustrations included) and had a creative writing piece published in her high school newspaper. Devouring books from numerous genres, she developed a thirst for more reading materials and could almost always be found with her nose in a book. She has contributed to several popular inspirational anthologies and devotionals, published by Zondervan and Regal Publications, and was a regular writer for Campus Crusade for Christ's Christian Women Today. Writing fiction is her greatest joy. Soul Defenders: The Black Orchids, is the first book in a trilogy of spiritual warfare thrillers.

Website * LinkedIn * Blog * Goodreads





Do you like the spotlight or lurking in the shadows? 
Can I say both? Everyone I know would say that I love the spotlight and am a “larger than life” kinda gal. But there are times when I would prefer to be unnoticed, observing from the shadows. So my answer has to be: both.

How many books are in your TRB pile?
Oh … you just had to ask that question! I have so many books on my Kindle it’s scary. Ebooks have doomed me. I see something I like and CLICK. There it is! Another CLICK … there’s another one. It also causes me to jump around a lot when I’m reading. I start something and am enjoying it just fine, but, this other new book I just clicked on looks oh so good. Get the picture? Please tell me I’m not alone with this little “issue.”

What is next on your to read list? 
You ask me that after the last question? (I’m chuckling to myself) I don’t know. Honestly. I don’t. Likely it will be book two in the Rabbit series. I just finished Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider, Ellen C. Maze. The next book, Rabbit Legacy, is calling my name. This is a Christian vampire series that has a delicious bite. I’m so so glad I gave it a try.

What one item would you eat for the rest of your life? 
Ice cream. Can I have as many flavors as I want?

What is the last thing you bought? 
A book on Amazon. Big surprise!

Pet Peeves? 
Book reviewers who don’t finish a book yet offer a “full” review. It never made sense to me.

Pizza or Pasta? 
Pizza.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you? 
I slept in a hammock for three months when I lived with a family in Mexico. I met an exchange student in high school. We became great friends, and she invited me to stay with her family over the summer break. Never slept better!

If you had 24 hours alone how would you spend it? 
Reading, writing, coloring, playing hidden object games, and napping. Oh, some eating too. Major “down time.”

If you could meet one person who has died who would you choose? 
That’s easy, Jesus.

What do you do in your free time? 
I’m not sure what free time is. The things listed in what I’d do with 24 hours alone.

Can you share a little about the current title you are working on? 
I write for two very different genres, Christian suspense/fantasy and paranormal romance/fantasy. Both have fantastical elements, so maybe they’re not that different. I’m finishing book two in my Werewolves of the West series. Book one, I Kissed a Dog came out in October 2012. I’m also preparing to finish up book two in the Soul Defenders series. I have another book that I’m chomping at the bit to start on, but I’m keeping mum on it for now.

Soul Defenders: The Black Orchids
Soul Defenders, Book One
by Carol Van Atta
Genre: Christian Fiction/Thriller/Suspense
ISBN: ISBN-10: 1479246964
ISBN-13: 978-1479246960
ASIN: B00974IOLC
Number of pages: 310
Word Count: 95,510
Cover Artist: fantasiafrogdesigns.wordpress.com

Will their prayers move Heaven's Heart before it's too late?

When Ted Lyons accepts the new pastorate at Cherry Creek's Community Church, he has no idea just how handy his former law enforcement skills will become. A murdered pastor, the pastor's kidnapped wife, and their runaway daughter are only the beginning in a series of problems he wishes were part of a bad dream. Ted soon realizes he's facing a battle better fought on his knees, in prayer, than with his gun. 

As ruthless demons, summoned by an international cult - The Black Orchids - take over the town of Cherry Creek, angelic warriors are dispatched to protect the weary residents and stop a diabolical plan of destruction. By surrendering their lives to God and forming an unlikely alliance, Ted and a rag-tag group of struggling believers work together to slay the shadows of evil that threaten their very existence. 

This fast-paced tale of supernatural suspense will thrill fans of Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness and Randy Alcorn's The Ishbane Conspiracy.
,

All other e-version available at Smashwords or through Amazon, Nook etc.

1 comments:

Carol Van Atta, Princess Warrior said...

Thank you for hosting one of Soul Defenders' book tour stops. I've enjoyed perusing your site and plan to visit often. I'm also a "mom with a Kindle." I can't seem to put the darn Kindle away and get on my writing deadlines ... so much to read.